Bonas MacFarlane has been at the forefront of the educational sector for 25 years, providing educational advice, consultancy and tuition to a wide network of clients. Our young and vibrant team work closely with one another to focus on their clients’ needs, ensuring that the best fit for the student is at the heart of their work.
The University Consultancy Team is at an exciting stage as it looks to develop several early stage projects. The team seeks a focused and organised team assistant to support across the three main areas of the team: UK placements, US placements and the online University Preparation Programme (UPP), all of which we are looking to expand significantly.
The successful candidate will interact with a range of stakeholders including, but not limited to: high net worth clients in the UK and US placement services; Heads of Sixth form and students on full scholarships in our online programme; tutors, academics and university admissions staff. Internally, you will primarily work with the Director of University Admissions as well as the company’s Head of Research and our Online Media Technician, both of whom play significant roles in the online UPP.
The successful candidate will have impeccable communication skills and be able to forward plan to ensure tasks are completed on time and that meetings and courses are scheduled in a timely manner. The candidate should have an interest in education and, as the business grows, there will be the opportunity to take on more responsibility. This is an exciting opportunity to develop a number of skills and work with a team in an early phase of its development, which will allow the candidate the space to develop their strategic thinking.
- To work in conjunction with Director of University Admissions to deliver an outstanding service for all of our clients
- To engage in professional written and spoken communication with a wide range of stakeholders
- Scheduling online classes, and acting as the liaison between client, tutor and the Director of University Admissions
- Scheduling and minute-taking of internal and external meetings as required
- Drafting emails, marketing material, presentations and contracts with support of Director
- Researching and reporting on clients’ needs (e.g. course requirements, comparisons between universities)
- Updating the client database and progress within an application cycle
- Proofreading written documents
- Completing university registration forms and initial enquiries
- Handling routine administrative tasks
- Any other reasonable request to support Director of University Admissions
Friendly, proactive and helpful in written and spoken communications
Calm and polite telephone manner
Works proactively, strategically and efficiently to meet all deadlines within project cycles
Uses initiative to systematise and simplify running of department and long-term projects
Familiarity with creating and maintaining databases
Confident in use of Word, PowerPoint, Excel and capacity to develop skills relating to online systems
Knowledge of the UK and/or US or other university admissions processes
Strong command of English language/ability to support students with personal statements
Desire to take on more responsibility and contribute to growing the business
Should you have any queries regarding the position, do not hesitate to contact James Higgins, Director of University Admissions on the above email or on 07545590491.