Academic Mentors motivate, guide and advise children and build confidence. This service is especially useful for overseas families. An Academic Mentor will be an experienced parent or professional educator.
- Visit the child at school regularly to meet with House parents, tutors, and teachers as necessary, monitoring academic progress and giving you feedback via report.
- Assist parents in interpreting school end of term reports and liaise with the school on your behalf to resolve anything that is of mutual concern.
- Resolve any issues or concerns parents and child may have regarding pastoral care matters. Help the child make important subject choice decisions at GCSE, A Level or IB.
- Assist in making arrangements for holiday revision courses if required.
- Organise tuition programmes with Bonas MacFarlane tutors.
- Advise on suitable UK or US university courses and help with the application process.